Designing with Personality.
When you’re doing a remodel, you’ll spend a lot of time sorting out details with your contractor and designer. That’s why I focus on helping you have fun.
You have to be able to laugh.
You’ll enjoy the process so much more with my positive outlook and spirited yet casual disposition. I’m easy to talk to, listen carefully, and tell it to you straight when there are restrictions or constraints that come up. I help you communicate your vision to everyone involved, which brings harmony and synergy to your home.
You can trust my technical expertise and artist’s eye.
I’ve always loved the blend of creativity with technology. I earned my BFA degree in Interior Design at Marylhurst after leaving a high-tech sales career. I originally studied the design of restaurants and their kitchens, before I settled on my focus for residential kitchen and bath design. I’ve since gained additional certifications as a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) and an Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer (AKBD).
I believe in the power of collaboration.
Whether I’m seeking inspiration from the world around me or working closely with a contractor, the energy of joining ideas and people is unstoppable! It’s the primary reason I’m passionate about being active in the industry with professional affiliations such as the Home Builders Association of Metro Portland, as well as giving back to the community as I did with ReFit, helping low income homeowners with disabilities.
I can’t wait
to create with you.
After deciding how you want the space to function, we’ll take all those magazine and pinterest pictures you’ve collected, look at the latest materials, and brainstorm fresh ideas for how it could be transformed. Together, we’ll create a space that feels incredible because it fits your vision and lifestyle.
Awards and Affiliations
Oregon Remodelers Association’s “Outstanding Remodeling Achievement Award, Excellence in Design, 2011”
Project Committee and Board of Directors
Home Builders Foundation, Just Compassion Day Center, 2018
Your Designer:Linda Blackwood
After leaving a high-tech sales job Linda decided to embrace her inner creative and live her dream.
She earned her BFA degree in Interior Design from Marylhurst University, and gained additional certifications as a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) and an Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer (AKBD). Apart from her degrees, certifications and natural design panache, Linda’s style merges a practical, analytic approach with a true artist’s sense of color and design… which results in a unique and exciting design experience for her clients.
Linda finds design inspiration all around her – on a bridge, in a hotel, while strolling through an outdoor garden – which she infuses into her functional and beautiful design approach. Collections of magazine clippings, blog posts, and other bits of information provide ongoing insight and inspiration. Design, according to Linda, is everywhere.
Recently awarded Oregon Remodelers Association’s “Outstanding Remodeling Achievement Award, Excellence in Design, 2011”, Linda is also an active member of the Home Builders Association of Metro Portland, Professional Women in Building, Northwest Society of Interior Designers, and the National Kitchen and Bath Association. These professional affiliations allow her to stay current and continue to hone her knowledge and expertise, while also cultivating meaningful and collaborative industry partnerships. In the past, Linda also served on the board of directors for ReFIT, helping to provide no-cost home modifications for low income homeowners with disabilities.
Linda believes the doors of opportunity are opened by fresh ideas and expansive thinking, and it is in this spirit that she meets every client where they are and every moment in the middle.
Her philosophy is simple: design should be fun. And, so should your designer.
- Gregory Burnett – Google Review 5 Stars August 24, 2018“It’s all about the people you work with. Ya, they need to be extremely talented… no worries there… but… if you’re going to hire someone to create the perfect personal space that fits you… well, that gets personal. Linda is incredibly talented… but she’s also really good people.” The post Gregory Burnett – Google Review […]hapigood
- Charlene V – E-Mail Review June 15, 2018“Our remodel is coming along nicely! Your drawings have been an invaluable part of that. Once again, thanks so much for all of your help.” The post Charlene V – E-Mail Review appeared first on Blackwood.hapigood
- Mike D – Thumbtack Review 5 Stars April 30, 2018“We changed everything in our kitchen. Every appliance went, every cabinet and drawer went, the back splash and floor went. We added an island and dimmable lighting under the cabinets. Our problem was we had no definite ideas of what to do or where to place things, so we asked the contractor to get us […]hapigood
- Jan B – Thumbtack Review 5 Stars April 25, 2018“Linda created an awesome design for our kitchen remodel using our existing space. The kitchen far exceeded my expectations and everyone who has seen it has been amazed. Linda was great to work with and highly recommended.” See all Thumbtack Reviews here The post Jan B – Thumbtack Review 5 Stars appeared first on Blackwood.hapigood
- Anna N – Thumbtack Review 5 Stars April 24, 2018“Linda has been incredible throughout the complete and total renovation of my historic home. I was out of town for a lot of the process and trusted Linda to communicate what needed to happen and she delivered. I recommend her highly.” See all Thumbtack Reviews here The post Anna N – Thumbtack Review 5 Stars […]hapigood